Friends of Plow -
Plow beta will be a substantial relaunch of the service, and while we’re still more than 30-days away from the full launch, we’re going to start dripping in beta features now. If they’re useful in the current (MVP) service, why keep you waiting? Our new release includes two new powerful operators for the comment field.
The comment field is about to become your command center.
Give it a shot:
- Visit a keyword (for instance, San Francisco Dining.)
- Click on any item on the page.
- Add a comment, and while you are doing that enter a ‘@‘ and start typing someone’s name.
- Then enter a ‘#’ and start typing a keyword.
- When you post the comment, people who you have @ replied will get a notification email with the comment and you will have endorsed the article for the hashtag entered.
It’s really cool and will change the way you engage with items. And now you can easily draw specific people into conversation. No more lonely commenting!
- New operator for the commenting system: ‘@‘ Allows the user to send notification emails about any item, with their commentary. The ‘@‘ operator includes typeahead results to facilitate easy selection of other users by first name, last name, and username. The ‘@‘ operator becomes a link to the user’s profile in the comment history.
- Another new operator for the commenting system: ‘#’ Allows the user to endorse an item for existing keywords without leaving the comment field. The ‘#’ operator includes typeahead results for easy selection. The ‘#‘ operator becomes a link to the keyword page in the comment history.
- Added line breaks to comments.
- Integrated New Relic for performance analysis.
- Removed inactive users from search results.
- Updated seeding dialogue to remove erroneous request for keywords separated by commas.
Now go play!
All the best,